Here are a few auto insurance myths we have seen, that you need to know about:
- Myth - Buying online is better. Would you go to a web page to diagnose your illness and then select from a drop-down list for your treatment? That is what on-line insurance buying is like. Call an independent agent so we can help design the right combination on coverage and price. We have access to multiple markets, not just one. Cheap insurance seems great until you have a loss.
- Myth - Bright-colored cars cost more to insure. Wrong. Premiums are based on the type of vehicle you have, it’s value, where you live and other factors.
- Myth - One ticket or accident will cause my company to cancel my insurance. Most insurance companies do not penalize you this way. They are more concerned with patterns of driving.
- Myth - Older drivers pay more. This is not true. Many of our companies give discounts to older drivers.
- Myth - The TV commercial said it was covered. All claims are subject to your individual policy terms and conditions. That is why an independent agent is important. We can provide information about what is covered and what is not.
- Myth - Mexico? No problem. If you travel to Mexico we recommend special Mexico coverage.
- Myth - If I get hit by someone else, the other party will pay. That is true if they have insurance. Even though many states have mandatory auto insurance requirements, almost one fifth of all drivers don’t’ have insurance. And if you don’t have the right coverage you will not be covered.
Call us today to get more information about your auto insurance.